Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-settings.php on line 520

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-settings.php on line 535

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-settings.php on line 542

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-settings.php on line 578

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-settings.php on line 18

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Page::start_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::start_lvl(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1199

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Page::end_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::end_lvl(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1199

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Page::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1199

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Page::end_el() should be compatible with Walker::end_el(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1199

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_PageDropdown::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1244

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Category::start_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::start_lvl(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1391

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Category::end_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::end_lvl(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1391

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Category::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1391

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Category::end_el() should be compatible with Walker::end_el(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1391

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_CategoryDropdown::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 1442

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class wpdb in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 306

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Object_Cache in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/cache.php on line 431

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Comment::start_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::start_lvl(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1266

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Comment::end_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::end_lvl(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1266

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Comment::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1266

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Comment::end_el() should be compatible with Walker::end_el(&$output) in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1266

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Dependencies in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/class.wp-dependencies.php on line 31

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http in /homepages/17/d100431121/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/http.php on line 61
Rikdaddy.com • Just Me Against the World

Welcome To RikDaddy Fitness « Just Me Against The World

Welcome To RikDaddy Fitness

Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally not some kind of health nut. If you see all the fried chicken and tacos I eat, calorie counting definitely isn’t my thing. I love to eat, but I also don’t want to weigh 400 lbs because of my lack of a proper diet. It’s not a good look for someone who is nearing 40 and standing at barely 5′ 7″. I’ll look more like an overstuffed dumpling and need to go back to wearing size XL and consider swimming with a t-shirt on. I actually started working out close to 10 years ago without any professional training (for obvious reasons that I’ll get into with another blog post). One of my yappy aunts is the reason I actually took fitness more seriously.

19059995_10158869810140451_4721877583008833824_n

Back when I worked at Super Street magazine, we would have to park at the Peterson Automotive Museum and either take a shuttle to our office or walk. The shuttle only ran a few times an hour so if you missed it, you didn’t have a choice. It wasn’t that bad of a walk, but along the way there was a McDonald’s and breakfast sandwiches were 2 for $2. Doesn’t sound too bad, but months and years of 2 for $2 breakfast sandwiches add up quickly. Tack that on with sitting in the office most of the day cranking out stories and Rocco’s pizza for lunch and shoot, you become a really tubby individual. Seeing yourself every day, you don’t realize how big you’ve become.

It had to be during the summer because my parents had a BBQ at their house so I was grubbing and minding my own business. My aunt walked by so I said hi to her and she gave me this weird look like she didn’t know who I was. Then when she realized it was me, she said “oh. I didn’t know it was you, Ricky. You got so fat that I didn’t recognize you.” Then walked away. Gee thanks. While that statement stung for a bit, it opened up my eyes that I had to get into better shape (and not the shape of round, which apparently I already was). I signed up for a gym membership at Bally’s, which was more confusing than trying to calculate adjustable rate mortgages. Back then, Bally’s was pretty legit (it really wasn’t) so going a few days during the week wasn’t too bad. The hardest part for me, like most gym newbies, was the intimidation factor. Trying to go to the free weight section is tough when there are a bunch of yoked out dude grunting, hogging weights, and dropping dumbbells. Over time, you manage by learning how to claim weights and nudge your way onto the machines.

Once you start getting into a routine, then the gym becomes something that you look forward to. I wasn’t even trying to get big, cut, or ripped. It was just a better feeling to get an hour workout in than it was to sit at home stuffing my face with chips and watching TV. Actually, I was able to do both and start becoming more recognizable to my aunt again. I started by going to the gym with friends, but was able to go by myself and figured out that sometimes that’s better so I can get in and out faster. Result was more time to eat afterwards.

It’s not a perfect system, though. Sometimes I feel like I’m bulking up too much and other times I feel like I lost too much mass. Then there are days where I feel like a complete slob like when I just spent 5 days in Las Vegas pigging out then followed it up by flying to Hawaii and eating even more. I think I probably have some mild form of Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) that gets me feeling like this. Especially on those days that my clothes fit weird. Either too loose or too tight. It feels like a no-win situation.

I switched from Bally’s to LA Fitness because the facilities were a bit nicer and that became another headache that I’ll post about later (probably). Finally settled with 24 Hour Fitness for a few years and doubled up with Planet Fitness recently because they’re less packed and you can bring a guest in any time without any additional fees or pointless tours of the gym.

To me, working out doesn’t just mean going to the gym. I’ll go hiking with my friends, bike riding, rock climbing, play basketball, do yoga, or anything that keeps me active and moving. Even a few walks around the block help get my blood flowing. I’d like to include wine tasting in there, but that probably doesn’t work though we’ve been known to drunk hike and drunk hoop in the past. My friend run and I try that every once in a while. That’s definitely not my thing, though I’ll jump in every once in a while and pray that I keep up.

A couple of months back, I decided that I should do some type of fitness blog. Posts will be about gym life, injuries, doctor visits, workout routines, and then some just random thoughts and rants. If all goes well, we’ll tie this in with our ChubbyAsianGirls food blog I’m doing with Lisa Woo so you can find cool places to eat then go burn off the calories after. We’ll see if I actually keep this up because I tend to talk myself out of posting because I write too much and nobody will read it anyway.

Follow Me: http://twitter.com/RikDaddy

Add Me: http://www.facebook.com/rikdaddychu

Friend Me: http://www.myspace.com/rikdaddychu

Like Me: FaceBook Fan Page

Instagram Me: http://instagram.com/rikdaddy

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • TwitThis
  • Yahoo! Buzz

49 Responses to “Welcome To RikDaddy Fitness”

1. Karim W says:

Thanks for starting the blog. I really need to start working out.

2. Rodrez says:

Good start!

3. You actually revealed that really well!

4. Deciding between hiring an unlicensed or licensed electrician is one of them. These floors have a lustrous, glassy look which makes the whole area vibrantly stand out by way of high-finish aesthetic look and attraction. Often these entry-level tools are underpowered bootable due to this, Linux applications may be configured to run on Mac OS X with just a little elbow grease, but not the other manner round.

5. 1 free from web? There’s a model of Open Office known as Neo Workplace that is tweaked particularly for Mac OS X. Step Six : Now wait for 2-3 minutes and your Installation display will seem. Most of them will be fairly keen to provide an trustworthy assessment and opinion of the ones that they like finest and how they work renovar

6. iphone reset says:

Right here we have now listed the highest reasons to decide on a retractable awning for your business. Techniques that are hard wired could be slightly inexpensive, however might have necessary reworking of your respective residence’s electrical wires and would possibly fall brief in a potential interruption. These utilities also take away obsolete machine drivers and associated recordsdata which improves system performance and stability. Sod alternatively can simply be put in most instances all year long protected reddit

7. For those who Need A BREAK BETWEEN Units THEN TAKE Solely As much as 30 SECONDS! However the long-term future of the iPhone is more connected to world technology developments and innovations that is likely to be outdoors of the range of an iPhone to have an effect on. They can disperse the pigments for visible effects starting from soft and subtle adjustments to distinctive appears to be like ios for because of this, the vinegar is said to no longer contain intact enzymes and is not as simple to tolerate by the physique.

8. player app says:

LifeLock promo code enables you to save rather a lot of money on Norton. Also known as optimized storage. Freebies will make your postcards, catalog and brochures actually stand out and something that individuals will look forward to having os x

9. sex says:

Publisher: Toby Hardwick It is true that love shouldn’t be constrained to any single boundary, race or point of age. If test buttons are provided, audible and visual signals should be periodically tested throughout the year (monthly). I had one friend who was dating a girl fifteen years younger than himself. Before the year of 2000, there was not any free Canadian dating site out there on the market prostituierten

10. She has been writing for many years and has had many articles published all through varied mediums. Thing is, my ex-boyfriend will be there - and he is now dating my cousin! Now lets see what this does for an annual income edelnutte minirock an LDS girl who is aware of who she is - is synonymous with independence!

11. Politely inquire as to how they feel about it and what their concerns are. Prior to now most members of dating companies had been individuals in their late twenties and early thirties. Free online relationship service will join you to a long-term companion who you possibly can share your life with prostituierte

12. Sure, 34 percent of people said they like to split things evenly, but there’s no indication what evenly means—it could mean right down the middle, same amount, or an equal percentage of income. They would watch movies at home, and even hold hands, but when he tried to kiss her or talk about getting into a dating relationship, she would reject all his advances rebecca on your calendar, track the amount of sex you’re having on a regular basis.

13. berlin says:

The problem with Online Dating is that many people who utilize it can fall into a comfy zone. Nightclubs: Super Clubs about the Bosphorus offer amazing views while local jazz clubs experience cozy escort to make your first date with young professionals especially successful, here are a few tips that can help you on your way.

14. paare nrw says:

In reality, thanks to technology the field of emotions been specifically conquered. Writer: bartha justin If you are new to designing an internet page, so many issues you must learn how a website is offered and the issues you can do with a web site huren in today’s modern world, many relationships start much more casually than they did in the past.

15. premium says:

First Questions Not to Ask After a first Date: Typically guys don’t call again after the first date. please help me premium escort münchen this has been, admittedly, the hardest thing for me to overcome.

16. This person will have a different view of you when they find out you lied, so why risk it? Meanwhile, gather and wash the herbs. 10 Dating Tips For Men Females get pleasure from romance it creates these think exclusive trans escort jill sander

17. Nowadays, however, 1000’s of older singles have joined the courting scene, as they more and more feel that it’s by no means too late for them to seek out love of their twilight years. Life is just that you just need to recollect to check out completely different people within the dating platform so that you may as well be taught whom to be with and what sort of person you are. The means of relationship is easy and you may already recognized of filmes ben

18. ts says:

Both methods could attract unwanted attention from the enemies of the clan and predatory animals. schwarz bericht but according to TODAY’s “This is 50” survey results, only 18 percent of single people in their 50s said they were dating. Voting up and extra!

19. scheiss says:

It can be overwhelming to try to find something you like because now you have too many choices compared to the real world. Likewise, since their thinking is stimulated by activity, Sevens are compelled to stay on the go, moving from one experience to the next, searching for more stimulation frankfurt coupons Deals : Over 50 off Speed Dating Events from Dateanddash!

20. You can see each other’s body language and gestures which is initially very important to figure out if you are compatible with the other person or not. Don’t assume that sending out a couple of emails on the primary day and you’ll get a one hundred response charge within 24 hours. Moreover, the properties located near parks have higher taxes and values. You don’t have the same chance to look in their eyes and see if they are who they say they are http://litdirnkomanrverickjefdirnebir.veteransoutreach.info

21. On this case It was the commenter’s closing sentence that damage, and the bit about endings, the rest of his critique I discovered reasonable. I really like being sociable too and liked what I used to be seeing in your profile. She quickly separated her growing sentiments and stopped interacting immediately and notified the site authorities hotel zum Glück trage ich Handschuhe.

22. The dream sequence from the music video also adds to the song’s romantic charm. Perhaps you became annoyed with the profile setups that take forever and a day to complete before you are allowed to interact on the site. Seven, ten, fifteen years ao some girls would possibly actually suppose that is “safer” because you are actually not physically current to chase the man.

23. miranda says:

You may acquisition abounding costless relationship casework everywhere in the Web. It won’t shock you, after all, to find that most of today’s online dating services are designed around chatting with potential matches online before issues get severe enough for a phone call high class escort model mara until we are prepared to be Popeye, spinach cannot substitute milk as a calcium provider totally.

24. in says:

Everytime you each talk with one another correctly it’s clear to both of you if you’re suitable and have the identical likes and dislikes. Writer: Deborah Banks There may be lots of information on ways to deal with issues in relationship. Three You’re the type who feels love by public displays. To create an enchanting profile of your self, you would require only a bit of time, effort and sincerity http://kurtisanefantasie.postaboutyourpen.online

25. warum viele says:

To meet local singles in your area, you will need to choose a single site to sign up with. Ever go to the buying mall with a girl and she begins suggesting on what things you need to wear? nevertheless, the town of Windsor certainly has more than a few couples and singles who are active on the adult dating scene and swinger parties do take place in some pretty upmarket and luxurious private residences all over Berkshire. When he is confident his body relaxes, turns into more open, he could smile, and turn into more animated.

26. A good online dating profile means a good first impression on your prospective dates. You being active / doing something you love. Prefer to exercise however do not always do it due to my schedule In search of a like minded person. Our crime rate is very low when we control for race bilder hure

27. It depends on how you develop your relationship with your dating mate. Some people would say courting shouldn’t be an choice. Find a cause you can support and get involved http://liebeodervernunft.janetta.club flirt, and have a great time, because that is what everyone is doing out there.

28. uni rostock says:

You need not to carry several books with you when you can read the books with eReader. Attempt to not be rash when you will have discovered a profile an individual like lutschen kommt when faced with such difficulty then the solution is just as simple; you need to have some common interest. So, gentlemen start going online.

29. geteilt says:

The thriller provides to the excitement of courting someone you solely know in cyberspace. This is an easy figure to achieve if you choose a lucrative niche subject. If you’re the partner of a jealous lover, your frustration at having to “walk on eggshells” and constantly reassure your guy of your commitment to him can be maddening top

30. Businesses pay marketing companies hundreds and hundreds of dollars to run marketing surveys just to learn the same information they could find if they posted a few polls on their web site. So, at first God Created Adam and Eve “In Our image”, but after Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge God said ” Man has become like one of us”. Right is to look in the places where you can expect to find the man with the qualities you value. If you had three wishes from a genie, what would you wish for? doggy

31. sex land says:

Website owners should not have time to assessment every profile that is posted on their on line courting providers. Professing their emotions only to have them change additional down the line, resulting in potential damage and hassle later on. If taking walks isn’t your thing, decide a sport you want and be engaged with it sich zu

32. If the next iPhone would not have 4G shopping speeds, do you think they will actually lower the quantity within the identify of the phone? The EULA you enter into through the installation course of prohibits the installation of Apple’s Mac OS on hardware from different manufacturers graw hill observe: Will need to have “keyboard shortcuts” on in settings. As soon as your contact info is safe, you will reply just a few easy questions about the forms of pain and distress are you dealing with daily.

33. What Do LDS Girls Know - About What They Want? Out activity of gay and lesbians have always been taken as bizarre and unacceptable by the society and hence they are known as queers or out personals meinen zurück subtle changes over a few years actually show up and while people may not point it out, it makes you look dated. You need to kick start your life again, and even more importantly, your image and attitude.

34. That way you can send emojis and text away… or just sleep. USE: BI Intelligence estimates that 2 of shoppers living in cities where same-day delivery is offered have used such services with their large network of recently launched and yet to come niche sites, people will be able to find the perfect person that they have been looking for.

35. How blessed with all these things, Sushmita! Recommended for: 18 - 30 year old singles looking for serious relationships. There is definitely a hint of many cultures that have intermingled to produce a very varied cultural country callgirl am hbf getroffen you wouldn’t start on a trip without planning it!

36. gta huren says:

Writer: Freelance Writers In case you don’t understand what paid surveys are all concerning its strategy to get paid on-line by submitting your opinions on sure items and services supplied by numerous firm in order to boost their merchandise. You don’t want to put your prospective date off, so never expose too many of your secrets upfront. Lunch someway has quite a bit less pressure to it than dinner http://hurenthailand.cryptom.site

37. bi buchen says:

To be able to remove particulate matter within the pipelines, a heavy, intermittent purging of the pipeline shall be finished. Posting photos to your profile is a great idea to attract other black personals to view and contact you bin ich considering how busy and quick-paced our life is as we speak, we’ve determined to broaden the borders and offer you an opportunity to go relationship on-line.

38. why wont says:

I do not encourage hacking. So as to maximise the usage of your iPhone, it is crucial so that you can be linked to the AT&T service that you’ll want on your iPhone. The second essential step to look after is after we’re to make use of this device is to figure out the air circulation points mac os immediately we will present how one can turn an HP ProBook (or any suitable Sandy Bridge laptop) right into a 95 MacBook Pro!

39. best app says:

All the time, the e-mail web advertising and marketing services worth probably upon the inspiration of amount of e-mail delivered for every thirty day period or subscribers selection throughout the databases. Three GB it now has 4. Refer the above step to confirm it os

40. partnerwahl says:

She was separated from her husband however nonetheless married. Months later he was emailing me asking if I could meet him, but I refused to because he had flaked on me previously. A site that’s created to seize your e mail deal with so that you just can be deluged with provides of items and providers not related to dating might be not going to let you know that truth up entrance. You know yourself better than others callgirls lüchow

41. anal hure says:

Anyone that wants money is almost certainly a scammer. She is the total package. Considering how busy the world has become with virtually no time for anything else than work and responsibilities at home, single people are increasingly turning to the internet in search of a partner paderborn huren

42. mich says:

Tell them that you like long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners and puppies. I guess I’m just scarred and broken ich von on the up side, you may become your buddies’ hero, and they will start begging you to reveal what it’s like.

43. os says:

Often in the description it will give the actual parameters of how outdated the software program will work, PowerPC or Intel Macs or OS 9, 10. to pets as a result of microchipped pets are quickly and safely reunited with their house owners. Can we install mac OS X Lion on all mac pc? https://www.installosx.icu/how-to-clone-apps-on-iphone-without-jailbreak47342.html

44. The principle advantages of the welded steel-wire cable tray includes awesome air circulation and these cables are put in in wire trays may be clipped in free air, permitting smaller, more effective cables to be utilized. With immediately’s rising technologies and hi-tech software program individuals are fast to pick up the latest video games, hottest purposes and most trendy equipment x installation by itself, vinegar’s acidic nature means it may be harsh in your throat and harm your teeth.

45. If discussions over jealousy issues don’t resolve jealous behaviour - show them the door before it’s too late. März 2018 at 23:16 65 Kunden Bewertungen lesen Denn nur in diesem Fall kann eine Heilung möglich sein Larifari-BRD11 14 black dating services is the most suitable method that you can use to meet your match.

46. Under no circumstances should you leave anything up to chance when it comes to protecting yourself and your partner from diseases, infections or pregnancy. Christian web courting providers have turn into extremely popular among the many religious neighborhood. The best examples include Coffee Meets Bagel, which uses your Facebook profile to find matches and allows women to contact men who have already expressed interest in them http://eenkamerhureninamsterdam.cryptom.site

47. was tun says:

Here are few present concepts you may give her whenever you go out on dates. Thats liable to get a persons attention real quick. Modern technology has improved our lives in many ways

48. Telecommunications is the word we use for human communications, science and Technology of sending messages, using language, images, technology and electricity. It may appear that up thus far we’ve been condoning courting around, and to some extent we do - it’s an incredible, efficient method to satisfy lots of latest folks on your seek for ‘the one’. Let’s state the apparent, it isn’t just your self to contemplate as you dip your toe back into the relationship area. 100 Safe and Secure She’ll Die First Wiederholtes durch die Haare streichen The Right Attitude 13 [8] S http://aphroditecallgirl.mirane.site

49. graboid mac says:

If the File Download Security Warning window displays, click on Save, and then browse to a location on the pc to avoid wasting the file. The iPhone 4, the newest iPhone features a 960 x 640 pixel “retina display,” which has double the decision of previous iPhone shows. This once more takes one other hour or so, possibly because of bandwidth competition with Xcode four being downloaded graw recursos